Saturday, August 26, 2017
Challenges for first responders will begin immediately after the Opening Ceremony at 9 a.m. Funds raised will be used for cash awards for the competing departments and will go toward a scholarship fund for a current Knox County first responder pursuing higher education or additional training. The public is encouraged to show support for first responders by attending the event.
- Various safety service-related displays will be available during the event.
- Youth challenges, led by the YMCA, will be held in the afternoon, including Softball Throw (with a weighted ball), Broad Jump, Push-Ups (as many in one minute), Hill Run, Bear Crawl, Sack Race, Spoon/Egg Walk, and Hula Hoop.
- FREE breakfast for first responders from Tim Horton's. Concessions will be available the duration of the event.
- Lunch will be available for purchase from Trinity Baptist Church.
- FREE concert that evening - Motown Sounds of Touch at 7:30 p.m. in the Schnormeier Event Center.