The Foundation Park Conservancy, in partnership with the City of Mount Vernon, has completed a variety of improvements since spring at Ariel-Foundation Park.
Foundation Park Conservancy is proud to announce that it has received a $4,800 grant from the Ohio Arts Council toward its free concert series. A portion of the funding will be used for this year’s events and a portion will be used for the 2017 series. The Ohio Arts Council is a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences to strengthen Ohio communities culturally, educationally and economically.
Ariel-Foundation Park is proud to be the home of Ariel Corporation's 50th anniversary celebrations! The events are private, corporate affairs and the extraordinary tent erected in The Ruins area of the park will be kept secure around its perimeter, including the Urton Clock House museum, for the month of June. Our apologies for any inconvenience during this hallmark event for our community. The Urton Clock House will be re-opened regularly for the July 4th festivities and throughout the season.
Saturday, August 26, 2017
Challenges for first responders will begin immediately after the Opening Ceremony at 9 a.m. Funds raised will be used for cash awards for the competing departments and will go toward a scholarship fund for a current Knox County first responder pursuing higher education or additional training. The public is encouraged to show support for first responders by attending the event.
- Various safety service-related displays will be available during the event.
- Youth challenges, led by the YMCA, will be held in the afternoon, including Softball Throw (with a weighted ball), Broad Jump, Push-Ups (as many in one minute), Hill Run, Bear Crawl, Sack Race, Spoon/Egg Walk, and Hula Hoop.
- FREE breakfast for first responders from Tim Horton's. Concessions will be available the duration of the event.
- Lunch will be available for purchase from Trinity Baptist Church.
- FREE concert that evening - Motown Sounds of Touch at 7:30 p.m. in the Schnormeier Event Center.